Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Sound of My Melody

I wish I could spill my secret but there's too much at risk. 
But isn't life about risks? 
Maybe, though this is more than a game of Jeopardy. 
So what do I do? 
Do I keep going from day to day living with this hidden confession buried within my chest? 
Or do I unlock this burden and swallow the key? 
I can't decide with Fear yelling in my face. 
And when I try to yell back my voice is lost in the sounds of questions. 
"What if it doesn't work?" 
"What if it's true?" 
"What will happen if I try?" 
So I come upon a T in the road. 
Do I go right? 
Or do I go left?
I turn to friends but they are no help because loyalty is usually conquered by gossip
So I stand there...in the middle of the road...hoping...praying I don't get run over by Opportunity
If I decide to go right great experiences may lie but heartbreak could be lerking under the bridge
If I decide to go left I may avoid a disaster or turn away from what is most longed for
I wish there were signs to direct me to a path worth choosing
But there aren't.
There are only signs of confusion.
I ask myself why this is so hard
This shouldn't be that big of a deal
But it is.
Why?
Because it deals with matters of the heart
My heart doesn't want to be another face on a totem pole
It wants to be a rose among thorns
A melody among sounds
A note among chords
So is the road to the right worth it?
Is it worth the consequences that may lie ahead?
There's only one way to know. 
Follow the sound of the melody






2 comments:

  1. Not all loyalty is conquered by gossip. There's sometimes a difference in route between following your heart and following the best path. In case of a difference, be willing to make the changes of heart necessary. If they are in sync, don't be a chicken. Carpe Diem (it's something about a fish). Have I ever told you the stories of times I chickened out when I faced options to get a possible date - or at least a name? If I haven't, I should; they're good stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well people around here can't hold things in very well. I understand not all loyalty is conquered by gossip but it is most of the time around here with the people I hang out with. There are a few who i can trust but not many. And it's a little more complicated but i'll be sure and explain everything next time we talk via email, facebook chats, phone, or just when you come down. Can't wait to hear your exciting stories!

    ReplyDelete